Courses are offered to healthcare professionals, parents, corporates, community projects and the general public.
Our busy lives frequently lead to stress, upset, conflict and anxiety. This is an evidenced-based training in learning how to respond kindly and compassionately to ourselves just as we would to a dear friend in a similar situation.
MSC was developed by Chris Germer, PhD, leader in the integration of mindfulness and psychotherapy (www.MindfulSelfCompassion.org), using his clinical skills in combination with Kristin Neff, Ph.D, pioneering researcher in the field of self-compassion (www.Self-Compassion.org).
Chris Germer ( Developed MSC course) Mila de Koning, Rob Brandsma , Steve Hickman (Executive Director of CMSC), Michelle Becker and Kristin Neff ( Co developed MSC )
Enjoy over 30 easy simple skills to transform anxiety, stress, depression, perfectionism, body-shame, fear of failure to increase your life satisfaction, happiness, self-confidence, optimism, creativity and gratitude.
What is the 8 Week MSC Training Programme?
The training teaches you:
● To become your own best friend
rather than being self-critical
● To manage very challenging
experiences with self-kindness
● To motivate yourself with
● To develop tools to process empathy
fatigue or burn-out
● Is run in a small group.
● Starts with a gentle introduction to
mindfulness and self-compassion
● Has short talks
● Includes experiential exercises
● Incorporates sitting, lying, movement
● Has small group discussions
● Includes written exercises
● Teaches how to develop regular
Participants will be provided with a handbook of all the practices and links to guided meditations to support their experience between classes.
It is suitable for people new to mindfulness and meditating and also those who have a regular practice.
How do you find out more about the course?
You can choose to make a
brief introductory call (by whats app, phone or skype) to ask questions and discuss your course needs or you can attend the Introductory Session which gives you an opportunity to experience a meditation, to ask questions, and to find out whether it is suitable for you.
Participants will get the most out of the program if they practice regularly between sessions.
The facilitators offer support for you to discuss any questions and difficulties that may arise during the program.
The program outline is:
1. Discovering Mindful Self-Compassion
2. Practicing Mindfulness
3. Practicing Loving-Kindness
4. Discovering your Compassionate Voice
5. Living Deeply
6. Managing Difficult Emotions
7. Transforming Challenging Relationships
8. Embracing your Life.
What will you need for the course?
● To make time to practice the skills in between sessions.
● Warm comfy clothing (layers work best).
● A blanket, a yoga mat and cushion or you can sit on a chair.
● Pen and paper
● Complete and download the Background Information document and return before course.